- Balans werk/privé
- Cultuur en waarden
- Diversiteit en inclusie
- Loon en arbeidsvoorwaarden
- Senior management
San Francisco Office 300 Mission St, 16th Floor Routebeschrijving
Ik heb een voltijdbaan gehad bij Glassdoor (Korter dan een jaar)
1. Pay is good
2. Able to work remotely
3. Job isn't too difficult
These cons are based on my personal experience at Glassdoor:
1. Glassdoor pays employees based on the state that they live in, which I don't believe is an effective strategy. For example, all of California is considered "Tier 1", and all of Illinois is considered "Tier 2", regardless of where you live within the state. I did not see myself being at Glassdoor long-term once I realized that if I were to move, I would need to take a significant pay cut.
2. When it comes to the relationship between Glassdoor and Indeed, Indeed is clearly in the driver's seat. It was annoying to constantly hear about Indeed being blamed for something Glassdoor couldn't do, or about Indeed systems, or about Indeed Sales and CS, etc. This definitely made me question the business outlook for Glassdoor.
3. There is a blatant lack of racial diversity in leadership at Glassdoor (manager level and up). There are several CS teams that are almost completely made up of white people. This needs to change, and I believe it starts with hiring more racially diverse leaders.
4. Glassdoor does not have the necessary data required to explicitly demonstrate a positive ROI to customers. This forces CS to resort to surface-level data points to attempt to show the value of Glassdoor and retain customers. Customers want to know how branding is helping them get more applies and hire more people, and as of now, Glassdoor is not able to clearly answer that question for their customers.
5. There is a lack of flexibility in how CS can go about doing their job. When I was there, there was a "client engagement" metric, which pretty much forced everyone to try to have a zoom call with each of their clients to conduct a business review. The ultimate goal is to retain and grow revenue, and there are many ways to do that aside from having a business review over zoom, and this metric limited creativity and autonomy, forcing many CS reps to waste time creating decks for clients that did not need it.
6. Morale is really low in CS and Account Management, and I believe that there will be a lot more people leaving in the near future.
Ik heb online gesolliciteerd. De procedure duurde meer dan 2 maanden. Ik heb gesolliciteerd bij Glassdoor (San Francisco, CA (Verenigde Staten)) in september 2021.
The process consisted of a first interview with the recruiter, then a technical assessment , then an interview with the hiring manager, and finally a homework analytics assignment which was reviewed in the last round of interviews which was with the hiring manager again and 4 other team members. The recruiter took me along the whole process, which lasted 2 months, helped me prepare for each step always with extreme transparency and support.