Ik heb een voltijdbaan bij Everest Re Group (Langer dan 5 jaar)
I have been at Everest 7 years and have seen how much the organization has changed and is continuing to change. With new initiatives, lines of business, new leaders, and continued growth comes typical growing pains – both good and bad, but from what I have seen this organization appears thoughtful in their approach, and focused on a lot of good things. Its nice to see the transitions taking place and makes me excited to see what the future will hold.
There is no doubt this is a lean organization with high standards for success. Some areas appear have more work life balance and others do not. Regardless, working here requires one to fire on all cylinders, and be on your A game. Its not for the faint of heart or those that just want to coast in their career, but if you are up for the challenge, you can learn a lot, and get out of it as much as you put in.
The culture is changing as well. The CEO, his Executive Leadership Team and/or HR have done a lot over the last couple of years to focus on talent development, providing greater workplace flexibility (flex hours/WFH), early talent initiatives, defining culture, charitable involvement, and greater top down communication on business initiatives and results.
• Stable Company
• Challenging work
• Learn as you go
• Moving in the right direction culturally
• Benefits and compensation are good
• Division leaders and CEO appear warm and friendly
• HR has open door policy and appears knowledgeable and seem to care about employees.
• Fast paced, busy environment, can tend to be stressful more often than not
• WFH is less generous compared to other companies, but moving in right direction.
• Some bad management exists but I believe the Company addresses these where necessary as improvements have been noticed.
Advies aan management
Continue down the path you are going . . . all good stuff. Continue to consider more for employees on work life balance, and employee perks.