Roche reviews van werknemers over "great benefits"
85% zou aanbevelen aan een kennis
(4999 totale reviews)
89% waardeert directeur
4.999 van meer dan 8K reviews gevonden
Bijgewerkt op 3 dec. 2023
- Meest recent
- Hoogste beoordeling
- Laagste beoordeling
Reviews over great benefitsTerug naar alle reviews
- 4,030 nov. 2023R&D EngineerHuidige werknemer
General pros: + Corporate benefits (subsidization of daily shuttle bus to Munich, gym on site etc.) + Family atmosphere on site + Regional base but international focus + Beautiful nature with a lot of outdoor activities offered closeby + Chances for development and career
- Bavarian collective wage: You earn approx. 400-500 EUR per month less than your colleagues in the same position in Baden-Württemberg. - Living expenses in the region Upper Bavaria is quite high - Penzberg itself is rural and unattractive, thus commuting to Munich is a good temporary option - R&D Core Lab environment: Long-term planning is not possible due to temporary contracts, extreme toxic and selfish behaviour of some colleagues, micromanagement and mis-management of some line managers, monotonous work without responsibilities and development opportunitiesReactie van Roche2d
Thanks for taking time to share your view. The remuneration of our employees is based on the respective local competitive environment and depends on both the individual skills, performance and experience of employees and also the company's success. The additional benefits granted by Roche are based on local market practice. In addition, we offer our employees various services to help prevent illness and injury at work, and we support them in building up financial reserves for retirement within the scope of local employment and social security legislation and local market practice. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.
- 3,027 nov. 2023Technical Support EngineerHuidige werknemer, meer dan 3 jaar
The work is challenging and I enjoy my day-to-day tasks. I feel I am well paid. I genuinely like and respect my co-workers. I also enjoy assisting and interacting with customers.
Poorly defined departmental duties and individual roles. Initiatives tend to be rolled out without adequate communication between departments impacted. We seem to manage ourselves most of the time, but at a certain point this can be frustrating and at times feels like we are set up to fail.1Reactie van Roche2w
Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Our compensation policy is focused on the promotion of strong performance, profit sharing, fairness and transparency in payment decisions as well as ensuring a balance between base salary and performance benefits. We continuously measure our benefits packages against benchmarks to ensure they are competitive globally. Benefits packages offered by our affiliates are in line with the benefits policy of the Group. We find ourselves in a rapidly changing environment and, as such, certain transformations are unavoidable so that we can continue to offer our patients the best and most innovative solutions. We are very sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with this. It is very important to us that employees feel comfortable at Roche and that good cooperation is encouraged. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.
- 5,015 sep. 2023Communication SpecialistHuidige werknemer, meer dan 3 jaarBazel
Working at Roche in Basel, Switzerland, has been nothing short of amazing. The campus, the people, and the mission make it an exceptional place to work. Roche's commitment to healthcare innovation is inspiring. We're surrounded by brilliant minds dedicated to making a difference in patients' lives worldwide. The work-life balance is excellent, and professional growth is actively supported. Roche values sustainability and social responsibility, making me proud to be part of this community. If you're seeking a place where your career can flourish while contributing to a greater purpose, Roche Basel is the place to be. Join us in shaping the future of healthcare!
The high standards and expectations can create a competitive workload, which may not suit everyone.Reactie van Roche3mo
Thanks for your feedback and input. Our market is highly regulated. This is why we have to stick to certain processes. We are continually striving to keep our processes as lean as possible. We are sorry to hear that you feel that the company culture has changed. Of course we are a growing global multinational company, but we do value our tradition and long history of successfully working together across departments and countries very much. Our company & working culture is of immense importance to us. This is the reason why we support different activities such as focusing on collaborative working environments, diverse teams and constantly improving our collaboration between teams. We also empower the speak up of our employees. Do not hesitate to contact your local HRBP or your line manager in order to discuss your feedback in person. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.
- 4,022 nov. 2023Quality Control AnalystHuidige werknemer
Roche provides a diverse and inclusive work environment. Roche fosters a culture of collaboration and teamwork. Roche invests in emplooyee's growth through training programs, and opportunities to work on diverse projects, fostering continuous learning and skill development. Roche practices agile methodologies. The company benefits (medical aid and pension fund) are great.
In the last 2 years, there have not been as many career growth opportunities within the company as previous years. Roche has a lot of employees on contract positions. Job stability has been at risk during 2023 with a few restructurings going on within the company. The hierarchical structure can sometimes slow down decision-making processes in the company.
- 2,08 nov. 2023DirectorHuidige werknemer, meer dan 5 jaarBazel
Campus infrastructure and canteens are great. Basic Benefits (saleries, bonus etc.) are decent
Roche has been a very successful company for many years, reaping the benefits of a strong Swiss work ethic. However, this constant success has led to a low sense of business acumen throughout the organization and a very powerful HR (P&C) department. Combined with a desire to follow every new trend from San Francisco and chase high ESG ratings, this has unfortunately led to an environment that is heavily influenced by woke and gender ideology. Performance, impact, and accountability are no longer values that are being recognized.3
- 3,030 jul. 2023Anonieme werknemerHuidige werknemer, meer dan 8 jaarTucson, AZ
Decent pay, good benefits. Some work/life balance and flexibility depending on where you work. R&D seems to have very flexible schedules. Site CEO (Jill) genuinely seems to care about worker wellbeing and making it a good workplace. My criticism of leadership does not apply to her.
Roche values are just catch phrases. Ultimately, many leaders don’t follow them or openly mock them. They aren’t held accountable to them. Apparently no mandatory leader training to improve their people skills. A bad leader is allowed to be a bad leader indefinitely and without accountability. Illogical spending. Blow a ton of cash on a cafeteria that didn’t need replacing and have a manufacturing space that needed expansion 5+ years ago. Nickel and diming that project now.22
- 1,024 nov. 2023IT Service DeskHuidige werknemer, meer dan 3 jaarBoedapest
The Work-life balance is great.👍🏻
The cost of shipping back the items are not covered by the company, although they were shipped out by them. Personal development is not highly supported when it comes to IT topics (not leadership) - lack of free time for self-development. Hardware can not be chosen and the team building budget is way too low. Missing trust.
- 5,030 nov. 2023Medical DirectorVoormalige werknemer, meer dan 1 jaarBazel
Stable job, many excellent colleagues, excellent facilities, massive resources to invest, impressive internal expertise
Frequently unclear directives from leadership, shifting strategies, overblown bureaucracy, many goldbrickers, Losing sight of patients and their needs is a real problem.Reactie van Roche10h
Thanks for your feedback and input. Our culture is an essential element within our organization. This is what keeps us as a whole, this is what sticks our bricks together. Our culture provides an encouraging atmosphere at Roche THE place to work. Every employee deserves great leaders. We expect all of Roche's leaders to inspire and motivate employees in their team and support them by offering opportunities to continually discover, learn, develop and excel. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future.
- 4,011 jun. 2023Mechanical EngineerHuidige werknemer
- Workers rights and work-life balance are important in Roche. - Once you're in, they try to keep you. If your project expires, they try to relocate you somewhere else. - Very flexible with home office and working hours. I can be working at home and, when needed, drive to the site and do whatever I need to do. - They provide all the tools needed for the best work conditions. - There's a control meeting with your team manager each week. He shall help you in anything you might need.
- Not much promotion expectations if you don't speak Swiss German or have a Swiss degree. - You might find some disrespectful colleagues if you didn't study in Switzerland or you're not understanding Swiss German. Not the most though. That's not Roche exclusive. - Many repeated software tools, apps and procedures that could be unified. Some of these are obsolete. - Project managers only give priorities but rarely due dates. Afterwards they come up with urgencies, specially when they gave you 3 or 4 tasks with high priority. - Project managers don't communicate clear requirements for the tasks. Be sure you deliver a very good solution because they don't appreciate iterations and shall quickly escalate to the team manager behind your back. - Almost nobody makes minutes of meeting. Be sure you make them in order to defend yourself in front of the project manager, your team manager and his manager afterwards. Thankfully, the team manager shall most probably defend you.5Reactie van Roche6mo
Thanks for sharing this positive review with us! We are working hard to ensure our employees are inspired and engaged to do their best work so that we can bring medicines and diagnostic solutions to patients faster. We firmly believe that every employee at Roche deserves an excellent Leader – someone who inspires and encourages teamwork. For this reason, we formulated the “Leadership Commitments” in 2012 based on the input of 1,500 senior managers. They set clear expectations for today and the future. The aim is to promote and emphasise the importance of good managers at Roche. We expect everyone to demonstrate these commitments every single day. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.