Missie: Om mensen een droombaan te laten vinden bij een fantastisch bedrijf.
Ik heb een voltijdbaan gehad bij Glassdoor (Langer dan een jaar)
- Great culture and talented people in the Chicago Office. Chicago has some of the most dedicated and loyal people you will meet. Their hard work will inspire you to become better in your role.
- Lack of support from the Mill Valley Office. Despite growing from 50 employees to over 200 employees in just over a year and with three office moves during that time, department leadership visited only during office moves (for a few hours at most) and never returned, therefore never able to see day to day workload at site during typical days of operation. IT exec leadership cancelled every skip level meeting (1:1) for the past seven months.
- No growth potential - I was stuck doing level 1 work with no ability to work on bigger projects because I was supporting 200+ users by myself. Support employees in remote sites from Corporate are not listened to, compared to team members based in the Corporate office in MV.
- No Transparency - I wanted to stay at Glassdoor but was told there was no room for advancement unless I moved to MV, after I handed in my resignation they upgraded my position to a Lead title (still in Chicago). During my time here I was never given opportunities for development as I was isolated from the team. I enjoyed working with the Chicago office and it was extremely disappointing to have to move on to find personal growth and development - more frustrating watching many other members of the Chicago team being given the chance for personal development, growth and additional responsibilities/promotion
Advies aan management
- For such a small department there have been a lot of departures, find out why
- Spend more time at the remote office to get a clearer picture of day-to-day operations
- When someone resigns, reach out to find out why or at least say goodbye on their last day. My leadership team did neither.